Skill Level: Beginner
Run over two days – 23rd and 24th of May 2017
Learn by doing with our hands on teaching approach.
You will be guided step by step to build your own powerful WordPress marketing website including bells, whistles and then some.
As well as the basics, Glenn will share his pro tips from years of experience building WordPress websites.
We recommend you also complete the Online strategy – planning for success session on the 22nd of May.
“The WordPress course really helped me understand how websites work and how WordPress can work for me!” Carol Peterson | More Testimonials
What you will achieve during the two days:
- How to setup a WordPress site from scratch
- Understanding of WordPress components and how to apply them to your needs
- Understanding of how to setup and manage your WordPress site
“The session was very informative. It was good to get a techie perspective on what to do, and the different options available. I have managed WordPress sites previously, but the session has helped me feel more confident about building WordPress websites. Glenn was an excellent facilitator of the session.” Michelle Nichols | More Testimonials
Anticipated Outline of Content:
- Introduction to technology minimalism
- WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
- Installing WordPress – hosting/domains/cpanel
- Basic setup of WordPress
Build your site
- Introduction to themes
- Installing and configuring the Divi Theme
- Managing other people (contributors)
- Building your home page, menus and sidebars.
- Planning your content and structure
- Optimising content – mobiles – readability – google
- Finding and optimising images for website
Boost your functionality
- Adding photo galleries, video and YouTube
- How to find and select the best plugins
- Installing and configuring recommended plugins
- Adding Google analytics
- Adding a Mailchimp signup form and website contact form
Sync with Social Media
- Adding social share buttons
- Displaying your Facebook, twitter and instagram feeds
- Setting up your site to look great when shared on Facebook
- Optimising your site for Google – sitemaps, content structure, pages
- Basic graphic design – fonts – colours etc
Manage your WordPress Tech
- Testing your site
- Setting up a backup system
- Secure your site from hacking
- Make your site faster
- Migrating your website
In addition to the content outlined above, there is time scheduled to cover more advanced topics and specialty applications. This content will be decided by you and your class.
This may include setting up an ecommerce site or anything from Glenn’s vast training experience:
Glenn’s approach to learning to keep pace with the participants so you will not get left behind.
Hosting and domain supplied
Glenn will provide a temporary domain (website address) and hosting (website home) for you to work on to build your website. Your website can then be moved to your own hosting. Alternatively you can work on your own domain and host and Glenn will help you set thsi up before the training so it is ready to go.
Resources to prepare
Glenn will provide a number of resources and readings to allow us to get right into the juicy stuff right away.
“It was very informative & I think everyone learned a lot, I know I did.” Jane Deany | More Testimonials
Getting Started with WordPress
Accelerator Training SERIES
- Online strategy – planning for success
May 22nd 2017 – Skill Level: Beginner
- WordPress Accelerator Training Series
Run over two days – 23rd and 24th of May 2017 – Skill Level: Beginner
- Personal Website Training
Glenn is taking bookings from May 15th-20th 2017 – Skill Level: Beginner/Advanced
Money Back Guarantee
If you have registered early and your circumstances change beyond your control, I will refund you money in full. If you are not satisfied with the training, I will refund your money in full. I am yet to have an unhappy student.
Dvize has been running as a Social Enterprise for over 16 years. Most profits go to funding Glenn's community work. We will also be gifting a number of training scholarships for Activists.
Inspire9 - 1/41 Stewart St Richmond VIC 3121
Inspire9 sits bang across the street from Richmond train station, right next to the MCG.
Train is the easiest and also trams. Inspire9 is really bike friendly so if your steed is light enough to carry up the stairs please do. If you lock on the street, please beware bike thieves have been in the area. Parking is inner city so you can find parking, however it may be annoying.
Morning and Afternoon Tea/Coffee
Coffee and refreshments will be provided and included in the cost.
Lunch will not be provided. Inspire9 is located close to many food options and also has a fridge and microwave if you want to bring your own.
Contact the organiser
We will start at 9:00 sharp and work until 4:00. We will have some breaks along the way including lunch. If you require setup time, or would like to check your email or Facebook before starting we will be there from 8:30.
Previous WordPress or website building experience is not necessary. You will be expected to be reasonably fluent in using your laptop for general tasks including installing software and connecting your WIFI.
All you need is your laptop. (Ipads and tablets have limited capability. Please discuss this if you plan to use one.)
Power and WIFI
We have that covered.
We will not train people or organisations that make their money by doing bad things.
WordPress Training Melbourne
The best WordPress Training Melbourne has to offer, proudly delivered by local Melbournians.
Other WordPress training ModulesSee details of our training modules here.